UIU Giving Day 2023
Thursday, Feb. 9
Why Wait? Make your contribution today!
UIU’s 7th Annual 24-hour online Giving Day!
Over the years this incredible event has generated over $600,000 in donations. UIU is anxious to host Giving Day starting at 12 a.m. Thursday, February 9. All alumni, faculty, staff, students, and friends of the University are encouraged to show their Peacock pride. There are several ways YOU can make a difference:
- Wear Blue on Thursday, February 9 – it’s UIU Spirit Day!
- Follow the excitement on social media; use the hashtag #UIUGivingDay and share posts with your family and friends!
- If you’re located near Fayette Campus, stop by the Student Center on Thursday, Feb. 9, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. All donors will enjoy cake pops & coffee, hosted by the Student Philanthropy Council!
- Make a gift of any size and be recognized instantly on Thursday, February 9!
4 Giving Opportunities include:
- UIU Fund – This fund is crucial, as it supports our University in all day-to-day operations. From scholarship funding to technology upgrades to maintenance and repairs, giving to the UIU Fund provides dollars that directly support our students, faculty, and staff to be successful in every way possible.
- Peacock Athletic Fund (PAF) – Help provide student-athletes with the best possible resources to maximize their potential as students, as athletes, and most importantly, as people.
- Adult Learner Scholarships – To celebrate the 50th anniversary of pioneering its Self-Paced degree program, UIU has embarked on a fundraising campaign to support Adult Learner Scholarships. The successful launch of the Self-Paced program in 1973 created a blueprint for UIU’s foray into other expansions in adult-focused education. The Adult Learner Scholarship fund will be available to students attending learning experiences outside of the Fayette Campus.
- Student Philanthropy Council – Show your support of this volunteer student organization and their student-led fundraising (and friend-raising) projects. Designed for students, by students.
Ways to Give
- Why wait? Make your contribution by mail or online anytime between now and February 9 for recognition during the event.
- Give Online February 9th
- Checks made payable to UIU (with Giving Day in the memo) may be mailed to the Alumni Office at P.O. Box 1857, Fayette, IA 52142
- Be a Giving Day Sponsor – enjoy featured website recognition for those who give $500, $1,000, or $5,000+!
- PayPal and Venmo @upperiowa (Be sure to indicate which of the 4 Giving Day designations you wish to support.)
Please contact Daryl Grove, digital fundraising specialist at [email protected] or 563-425-5330.