U.S. ARMY Ordnance School & UIU Partnership
Getting Started at UIU
Search and register for classes by following the steps outlined below.
- Student visits with Army Education Counselor for “Initial TA Counseling” if needed.
- Apply for admission to Upper Iowa University.
- Student logs into ArmyIgnitED to create an account and an “Education Goal.” https://www.armyignited.army.mil/student.
- Student will need to either upload their Advising Worksheet into the ArmyIgnitED portal or temporarily select the blank tentative degree plan already available in the ArmyIgnited Portal to use until their advising worksheet is ready.
- Student’s “Education Goal” will go to an Army Education Counselor for approval.
- Register for courses through your UIU Academic Advisor.
- Student request TA for course at https://www.armyignited.army.mil/student
- Please keep in mind that TA Authorization can be submitted 60 days before the first day of class but must be submitted no later than 7 days prior to the first day of class.
- Once your TA is approved, email a copy to your UIU Academic Advisor for processing.
There is no application fee for Upper Iowa University.
Note: When enrolling in a course, please be sure to complete your tuition assistance form within the ArmyIgnited portal and send the approval to your Academic Advisor for billing processing.
Learn More About:
Our commitment to our service members allows you the opportunity to fulfill your military commitment without leaving your career objectives behind. We understand that your schedule and location can change suddenly, so we have programs that can help you in that transition. Our courses can go with you, no matter where you are.
Upper Iowa University’s mission is to provide a quality educational opportunity that is accessible through varied delivery methods and to inspire success and empower lives. We recognize that pursuing your educational goals is a major investment into your future.
UIU matches the Tuition Assistance (TA) Rate for all undergraduate course work regardless of format or location for all service members and their qualified spouses/dependents.
- The Student Accessibility Services Office provides resources and support to students with disabilities, as well as the faculty and staff involved in their education, in compliance with applicable law and best practices in higher education.
- The goal of Upper Iowa University’s Tutor Center is to provide professionals and peer tutors who strengthen students’ skills, support students’ diverse learning styles, and provide resources and tools necessary to promote students’ academic success during their career at Upper Iowa. We strive to help students develop skills necessary to become independent learners.
- At the Writing Center, peer writing consultants are trained to work with you at any stage of the writing process. Our goal is to help you become a more effective, informed, and independent writer.
- The UIU library staff is available to support students, faculty and staff in all areas of information and learning. The library databases and services are available online for those students who are attending a center or studying online.
We know textbook affordability is an increasing concern across the country. That’s why we’re doing all that we can to save you the most money. Through our partnership with BNC Services/MBS Direct, we offer you several cost-savings options that significantly reduce the cost of course materials.