Choosing a minor field of study is optional. A minimum of 15 semester hours of separate identifiable semester credits must be earned for each minor that is declared. The same course may not be used in a major and a minor or among multiple minors unless the course is a required course (not part of a “select” area) in both the major and the minor or among multiple minors.
- HSV 221 Introduction to Human Services (3 credits)
- HSV 361 Marriage and the Family (3 credits)
- HSV 375 Methods in Human Services I (3 credits)
- HSV 384 Social Welfare Programs and Policies (3 credits)
- HSV 454 Issues and Ethics in the Helping Professions (3 credits)
- Electives in human services, psychology or sociology (3 credits)
Explore Your Program
See course descriptions for your minor.
Keep up with registration deadlines, session dates, holiday breaks and exam schedules.
Learn about the resources available in Career Development.
UIU Locations for Minor in Human Services
We’re ready to help you every step of the way.
Academic Support Services
Providing resources to support you through your classes.