Designed to provide the most flexible and accessible education experience to ensure student success.
The UIU Difference
We are a recognized pioneer in online, meaning that students can receive the same high-quality education they would get from a UIU classroom in the comfort of their own home, office, or anywhere with an Internet connection. Our caring and supportive faculty and staff work closely with you to foster student success.
- 8-week classes and an accelerated, 6-week summer session offer you year-round access to the courses you need.
- Multiple undergraduate majors and graduate programs available, Check out our Program Finder.
- Students can take 2 courses at a time.
- Transfer up to 90 college credits from other colleges. Ask about qualifying for experiential credits. Learn More about transferring to UIU.
- UIU partners with many employers, which often helps our students save money on their education. Check out more about CAP Agreements.
- Dedicated advisor to help with your academic plan and advise you on financial aid.
View which courses are available by session:
2020-2021 Academic Year
2021-2022 Academic Year
uiuLearn Portal Support
Our platform is called uiuLearn and is powered by Desire2Learn Brightspace. Check out the support resources available for you!
UIU Online Demo Course
Experience UIU’s online classroom
- Username: web.student
- Password (case sensitive): uiuLearn
Are you ready for online courses?
Check our our Tips for Successful Online Learning
First-time, transfer, online, international and military students: No matter your path or previous experience, we’ll help you every step of the way.
Take advantage of the resources available to all Upper Iowa University students.